JOIN US

   

10 September, 2018

Texas Church's Fried Chicken 德州小騎士炸雞高雄


It has been 40 years I have not tasted this fried chicken. Finally someone told us about it's existence in Kaohsiung. OMG it brings back memories, my old man used to be a maintenance manger for the whole Singapore and Malaysia A&W and Texas Church's Fried Chicken and I always get a free treat whenever I followed him to work.

When KFC first open it's branch in Singapore, I could eat up to a dozen fried chicken. Later Texas Church's Fried Chicken opens a branch in Singapore, that was the best fried chicken I ever tasted. When the management company for both A&W and Texas Church's Fried Chicken failed, all the both branches outlet closed as well. 

I started part time working in A&W since 8 to 13 years old so I know what is a good fried chicken. 

Back to Taiwan, I do not understand why KFC took the Original Fried Chicken out of the menu. We used to asked for fresh fried chicken and waited 30 to 45 mins for it. The tasted was never consistence, sometimes it too salty. So is MacDonald's Fried Chicken as well.

Texas Church's Fried Chicken however is still the same as I had 40 years ago, juicy and crunchy, not too much flour on it. The taste was not salty at all. Local here like to have salt and pepper with their fried chicken but not me, it already tasted good on it own, even the chicken is cool it still tasted good. 


Unlike KFC, Texas Church's Fried Chicken bag each chicken one at a time unlike KFC all their chicken are placed in a bucket which cause the chicken to be soggy. Texas Church's Fried Chicken is cook when order and the waiting time is around 13 to 15 mins which makes it hot and juicy. 


From now on this will be our only fried chicken when we are craving for it.  There is currently 3 branches in Kaohsiung, on the Google link below you will see 2 branches. The third new shop is between LiuHe 2nd Road and ZhongShan Road.

BTW they do served BEER!! They closed at 9pm.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment